QRCA Conference 2019
One of the main objectives of the conference is to stimulate the production of Qualitative Research on Critical Accounting (QRCA) in the Portuguese and Spanish speaking countries of Latin America. In the long run, it is hoped that the conference will be seen as having played a role in expanding and consolidating the network of Latin American researchers committed to QRCA.
In particular, the conference organizers seek to encourage the development of QRCA “ambassadors”, who will be expected to play a significant role in promoting this type of research in their daily activities. As a result, the conference is targeted primarily at researchers who are committed to QRCA.
The QRCA conference does not intend to provide magical recipes on how to engage with research and publish it in a reputable journal. That being said, it is realistic for participants to expect a number of potential benefits, among them:
- Raising participants’ awareness that they are not alone in doing qualitative research and that there is a growing community of QRCA researchers in Latin America. The conference may allow participants to extend their network of support.
- Exposure to in-depth discussions surrounding evaluation criteria of interpretive and critical research.
- Opportunities to present working papers in front of an audience made up of qualitative researchers, and to receive constructive feedback from this audience.
- Involvement in discussions on challenges in publishing QRCA papers in international journals that are receptive to this kind of research.
- Involvement in discussions on how to make research in Latin American settings of interest to an international audience.
Note that the authors of the most promising papers may be invited, informally, to submit their work to Critical Perspectives on Accountingonce they have taken into account the comments received at the conference.
A short video about the QRCA 2019 experience