QRCA Workshop 2018
The QRCA workshop purposively aims to provide a small and convenient setting for participants to feel comfortable in presenting their work in front of a constructive and receptive audience. In addition, the workshop aims to discuss, in a collegial atmosphere: a) the conduct of qualitative research, carried out from a critical or interpretive perspective; b) the publication process of this kind of research in international accounting journals; and c) research opportunities coherent with this research approach. Some panels, involving people from the editorial team of Critical Perspectives on Accounting, will be carried out around these themes. Advice will also be provided on resources that people can use in order to improve their understanding of QRCA.
The QRCA workshop does not intend to provide magical recipes on how to engage with research and publish it in a reputable journal. That being said, it is realistic for participants to expect a number of potential benefits, among them:
- Raising participants’ awareness that they are not alone in doing qualitative research and that there is a growing community of QRCA researchers in South America. The workshop may allow participants to extend their network of support.
- Exposure to in-depth discussions surrounding evaluation criteria of interpretive and critical research.
- Opportunities to present working papers in front of an audience made up of qualitative researchers, and to receive constructive feedback from this audience.
- Involvement in discussions on challenges in publishing QRCA papers in international journals that are receptive to this kind of research.
- Involvement in discussions on how to make research in South American settings of interest to an international audience.